Sunday, November 7, 2010

This is the Age of Adz: Eternal Living (Part II)




I am thinking about my weekend on this Sunday night. I have friends around me and it is the perfect night to just relax. I need to relax. I need to take a few deep breaths tonight. I also need to convince myself and know that it will be alright. It is going to be busy and stressful these next weeks, but I am so excited for the break. This weekend was the next best thing to a break.
My sister flew into Savannah and got to meet my friends, sleep in a dorm, eat good food, experience a double feature, and go on a road trip. We drove four hours to Atlanta and ate at "The Varsity", world's largest drive-thru.

BIG DEAL. We made it to the venue, The Tabernacle. It reminded me of The House of Blues in Dallas with a few things tweaked. Besides the fact I could barely see and a large man tapped me on the shoulder and took my spot with his obnoxious head bobbings and body jolts, the concert was very pleasant. I have been waiting to see him live for seven years. He put on a great show complete with techno voices, interpretive dancing, and art. His voice was magical and somehow better live. It was just what I needed to help me dive into a love for his newest CD. After the show, we went back to the hotel and switched off being "in charge of" the remote control. We flipped through channels and watched bits and pieces of Dirty Dancing, Dumb and Dumber, and The 40 Year Old Virgin (all light hearted movies). We woke up early, thankful of the time change, and started the drive back to Savannah. We sat in a stand still on the highway for two hours, allowing our total drive back to reach a solid six hours. We were very thankful to reach the dorms. (WOWWWW) We then packed Natalie's bags, ate some barbecue at Blowin' Smoke, then took Natalie to the airport. Very sad to see this old girl go, but cannot wait for our reunion in two weeks!
I am in the dorm now watching Julia wrestle with her knitting woes after rearranging my room. I know that my week is busy, but think resting sounds great for right now. Currently, I am working on maintaining my identity. That is all, until next time. Peace out.



Favorite Sufjan Quote Found This Weekend
I've lost the will to fight
I was not made for life
Now I have known you
For just a little while
I feel I must be
Wearing my welcome
I must be moving on
For my intentions
Were good intentions
I could have loved you
I could have changed you
I wouldn't be so
I wouldn't feel so
Consumed by selfish thoughts
I'm sorry if
I Seem self-effacing
Consumed by selfish thoughts
It's only that
I Still love you deeply
It's all the love I got

No comments:

Post a Comment