Thursday, November 18, 2010

Flying Colors

(my duck sweater)

I have finished my art history exam and had my final critiques today. I think I passed with flying colors. Let us have one more final. Tonight, I am having one final night of knitting, Felicity, and Blowing Smoke (barbecue) with three girls: one officially a Fibers major, one a Fashion Design major, and one a Fashion Marketing major. Tomorrow morning is when we officially depart for winter break, driving the good ole 17 hours back to Dallas. Weirdly enough, I am going to miss the little schedule I have become so familiar with here. It is a little sad because I was just beginning to feel good about this place. Don't get me wrong, I felt good about this place from the beginning, but now I feel hopeful for the next three and a half years. It is crazy. This for sure is not the college experience, but this is what I want more than anything. I am just beginning to process this past quarter and am sure it will take many months for me to sort out what I have been learning. I have mixed feelings about going on break, yes, but half of those are feelings of excitement about being back in Dallas.
For now, I will listen to a little Jonsi, put on my duck sweater, and continue to pack.

1 comment: