Friday, November 12, 2010

Required Field Trip: Cathedral of St John the Baptist




Required Field Trip. If you did not attend the field trip, you must attend the field trip this Friday at 1 o'clock.


WOW. I couldn't believe this. My professor was making us go on a field trip the weekend before finals and it wasn't during class time. WOW. I couldn't wrap my brain around this concept. Fortunately, I was required to go and got to see the wonders of what this Catholic Cathedral held. The complicated interior looked straight from Europe. Thanks to good old Western Art History Survey I, I could look at everything around me and define it. I was able to appreciate everything in this cathedral a little more than what I would have 3 months ago. One thing I thought that was funny due to current renovations- metal columns painted with a marble finish!!! Oh how funny this day in age is. Guys, the painted marble looked FAKE. Everything else 'wowed' my socks off. Good day. If you come to Savannah, I suggest going to this fine place. Totally worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment