Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Different Christmas

In all my years, everyone of my Christmases has looked the same. We go to church, have the cousin gift exchange, eat shrimp creole, play cards, then go to bed. We then wake up and open presents. After that, we pack everything up and travel to Winters, TX for two days...

This year, Mary Claire got home after a big delay of being snowed in in Scotland. Yesterday, I worked then had the first Christmas Eve I can remember without half of my cousins. The group was significantly smaller and quieter. It was different. For me, the Watsons were truly missed. We all went to sleep like normal. Today, we have opened presents and are here in Dallas to feast and hang out ALL DAY. Like usual, traveling to my best friends house to see what they got for Christmas is on the To Do List today. Tomorrow, we drive to Winters. It doesn't seem like much, but it felt different this year.

This Christmas is full of knitting presents, making espressos, peeled shrimp, painting, cheese grits, clothes, books, pass the pigs, babysitting a dog that is not mine, planting succulents, working, elf shoes from holland, gnomes...the list goes on...

Some has changed and some has stayed exactly the same. It has been wonderful so far.

We forgot to have the ceremonial wave of the stockings today... I better go remind everyone to do that now.

I hope you all have the Merriest of Christmases!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment