Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Repeat Pattern



This quarter I have had the privilege of beginning the journey of taking my first repeat pattern class at SCAD.  With the first week under my belt, I have realized that patterns of any kind are much more than just a pretty image.  I have been challenged and been held to a higher standard.  SCAD does not believe in "art for art's sake" and neither do I.  With that being said, I just happened to come across these wonderfully soothing wallpapers original with the house from the 60's... it makes the whole process seem so simple, right? Well, let me tell you.  It is not simple, not simple AT ALL.








This is Elisabeth Dunker's country home.  I am very jealous of the crochet, the patterns, the wallpaper, the cats, and the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment