Monday, October 10, 2011

October


If you haven't already heard, this is my prized first leaf of fall...it is currently hanging over my desk...all 17 inches of it.  It. is. true. 17. inches.

Since I have been here in Savannah, I have been very aware of the idea of time.  The change in weather and seasons seem to serve as an opening and close to certain feelings, events, and phases in my life.  I have only been here for four weeks, but it already seems much longer.  I already feel a sense of attachment to my home and to the places and people who are around me.  I wouldn't consider myself  dramatic or overly sensitive, but I would consider myself an emotional person.  I may be more quiet about my emotions, but I delight in feeling, in feeling fully. One of my biggest prayers is to feel deeply and I have felt the rise and fall of many emotions since I have been here.  I delight in these feelings because I know that it will only give way to the next feeling. 




For now, I will continue to sit in the corner of  my new favorite coffee shop, Foxy Loxy, with my boots and autumn jacket donned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment