Saturday, April 19, 2014

Cory Imig

I recently came across Cory Imig's work after a professor told me that I should look her up during one of my recent critiques.  The last few weeks I have found myself coming back to her website over and over again because I think that it is just genius what she has done with documenting people's stories and how she deals with time-based ideas.

For her documentation of time, she has installed all of these minimalist-esque prop situations up in a small space.  Trapping balloons under various material weights, she tracks the process of the balloon's increasing compression.

All to say, I really like you Cory.  You can check out her website here.



For her documentation of people's stories she sent letters out to other Imigs who live in the United States and asked them to send a letter back to her telling a little bit about themselves.  I am always amazed when you reach out to people, how much they will gladly and sincerely share.  At the end, she honored these stories and people and had a whole installation/exhibition and invited all of the Imigs!



No comments:

Post a Comment