Saturday, December 31, 2011

Its That Time of Year Again

It is that time of year again- 
that time of year when people begin to feel inspired by the always waiting "unknown" expanse of the future.  Tomorrow, I begin the trek back to Savannah and am thankful that this journey falls on the first day of the new year.  I will have plenty of time to dwell on the highs and lows of last year as well as the endless opportunities this new year holds.  Reflecting on 2011, I have realized that I am so thankful for the school I go to. I love everyone of my classes and enjoy homework and the projects that come my way.  I love the friends that I have made both in Dallas and in Savannah.  I have realized that each one of my friends I love for entirely different reasons.  I have friends that hold me accountable, friends that are ridiculous, friends that I don't understand, friends that I can be silent with, friends that I can call, friends that I don't have to talk to every week, friends that complete me, friends that I can talk about nothing to, friends that I talk about how horrible life is sometimes, friends that are talented, friends that I am proud of, friends I know that one day we will be better friends, etc.  I am very very very thankful.  

Favorites of 2011
artist: Sheila Hicks
music: Benjamin Francis Leftwich
movie: like crazy
book: A Severe Mercy
drink: coffee
purchase: zig zag cow hide wedges
thing to do: go to foxy loxy (coffee shop)
place I went: Oban, Scotland




Looking on to the new year, I have begun thinking of my resolutions.  This year I am taking these more seriously and making an intense plan so that I can cross some of these off. What are they you may ask?

The List
-making a schedule for my weeks in order to simplify and make the most of my time in order to include the following: people, cooking, homework, new ideas, exercise, on the side projects, alone time, praying, letter writing, keeping up with people, and reading.
-camping on cumberland island
-studying abroad
-being active daily spiritually
-maken even more trips and explorations
-striking up conversations with the randoms of life more often
-weaving until my hands fall off
-reading a book/ month (hard to do with college life)
-being known at local coffee shop

No comments:

Post a Comment