Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Thanks


I am currently sitting in my room waiting on my family to finish wrapping last minute Christmas presents.  As I wait I can't help but reflect on this break.  These last few weeks have been a little different than last year and I find myself adjusting to the weird idea of a college break.  Even though we have left November far behind and are coming to the end of December, the spirit of Thanksgiving still weighs heavily in the air. 


a list
  I am thankful for old friends and reunions.
I am thankful for my family and how ridiculous it is we are so close.
I am thankful for Legal Grounds and the guy who works there (Matt).
I am thankful for the time to have creative days.
I am thankful for health.
I am thankful for the warm layers the rest of my family wears as my mom bravely enters this hot phase in her life. 
I am thankful for energy and laughter.
I am thankful for new family members. 
I am thankful for new friends and the excitement of returning to them.
I am thankful for Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for marriage.
I am thankful for parties and conversation.
I am thankful for the continual working out of my faith. 



This break truly has felt so good.  I am sad that it is coming to a close but am so excited as I look forward to the new year.  There is so much happening.  So much.


No comments:

Post a Comment