Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I am Frances and I like to run.


This thing is gonna be real real hard some days.
Some days, I will want to give up.

I can't give up. I've gotta keep on going.

Sometimes it will feel like I am blowing people by.

The more I work, the easier it will be.
I've got this.

I'll win that medal. Whether it be medal of the mind or the medal of reality, it doesn't matter.

With the summer beginning, I have made a vow to myself to blog more. It is a fact in my life that blogging comes last in my life. When school, friends, family, or food get to be too much, blogging gets put on the back burner. You know what? That is just the way things are. Here I am though, blogging away.

I want to say one thing before I say what I really want to say.

I LOVE MY SUMMER. EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. EVERYTHING.

Now, I want to tell you about a big decision that was made last night. I'll give you the background story first (small fact really). Running used to be a big part of my life. It was a great way to spend time with friends and have time to myself. I was on a cross country team for a couple years and through that experience I built some of the greatest relationships I have and had some of the most fun experiences. It was just seven years ago I was sitting in a group on the first day at my new school when someone in an after school program asked me who I was and what I liked to do... I answered I am Frances and I like to run. There were snickers because the normal girls said they liked summer, hanging out with friends, bois (<3), tanning, and other things of the like... ANY WAY. I have always been proud of that one liner I gave. Every since tearing my ACL and being forced to quit sports, I have had the goal of running a half marathon on my inspirations/ goals board in my room. I have always said it is my distant goal, but it looks like that distance is much shorter than what I thought. Last night, Nancy Turtletaub, Lauren Delph, and I decided to do the half marathon on December 4, 2011. That gives us about 6 months to train and I couldn't be more scared or excited. I went out today for the first time in two and a half weeks to run and it didn't go so hot. BUT my mom always says at least you went. Thank you, mom, thank you. So that is that.

Congratulate me next time you see or hear from me. It is a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment