Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Few Weeks Before Me

Hey
I am back from Dallas and am currently sitting in my bed at 3:19 PM on this Wednesday afternoon. I thought I was going to be insanely busy this week, but it has been a pleasant surprise to have many of my dead lines pushed back. Honestly, I feel like I haven't stopped working since I got to Savannah in September. I love it here, but it is a WHOLE lot of work! So here's the deal. I have three and a half weeks until I begin the journey to Dallas again, but this time I get to stay for 3 plus months! I am very excited for this time to learn, work, and to take a break. What will I be doing this summer you may ask??? I will be traveling to Edinburgh, Scotland to visit my sister, Mary Claire, and see what her life has looked like this past year. After that, I will be shadowing a family friend, Rhonda Grubbs, of Three Graces Interiors. I cannot wait for this opportunity to follow her around, work on various projects, and get to run errands for her at the Design Center! Besides this, I will be creating art. I am going to sell old stuff as well as work on new things as well! This summer looks like I will be learning a lot, but it is all things that I enjoy!

Like I said, I do have three and a half more weeks left. The end is near. For now, I am going to enjoy the work before me and the town of Savannah (my oyster).

Today's Findings:

Music

Sorta
Atlas Sound
James Blake
Old Crow Medicine Show
Paper Tiger
Fleet Foxes (new album)
S. Carey

Place

Carpe Vas Cafe
(located in The Cathedral Inn)
(owned by some of the nicest people that I have met in Savannah)



No comments:

Post a Comment