Thursday, February 17, 2011

Loop It Up


With an art history test behind me and a beautiful day before me, I decided to check out the Loop It Up program at the YMCA. Today and for the rest of the year, I will be helping various ages of kids make things-whether it is coloring their homes, making ice cream sundaes, making quilts, knitting, or drawing architectural plans. A fibers major, Molly Lieberman, who i met a couple weeks ago, started this program three years ago. Today, the classes are as full as they can be with two more classes opening. Some of these kids have never had the opportunity to do something more artistic than color with a regular pencil.

Today we drew homes and it was hilarious and fun to see what these kids came up- some crumbled their papers, other kids hit each other, and some depicted their families in octopus form and with mustaches.

As for the rest of day, it is beautiful outside! I solid 75 in Savannah right now. I am going to take my sketchbook to Forsyth and layout. First Burn Of 2011 HERE I COME!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment