Monday, January 17, 2011

Channeling the Talent

Looking at those that succeed or those who channel their talents can make one want something they do not have. This past break I have done a lot of thinking about this issue. It is so hard to choose one of your interests and to begin to travel down just one path. It is even harder to figure out or decide what interest also is your strength and not just a wandering or whim of the soul. Life is a series of choices. There are many roads and paths to travel, but the hard thing is to choose one. There are choices. The choices are not bad, but you must pick one and be okay with it. You must have the courage to make a home in each choice that you make.
Looking at those who have channeled their talents makes me want exactly what they have. I want that because, for them, it worked. You do not see what it has taken to get there. I am trying to learn to be persistent with myself, my interests, and my talents. I want to actively embrace these things in search for what does and does not work. Here is to the failures and to successes that will surely be in every single avenue I walk.

Anselm Kiefer
my favorite artist

No comments:

Post a Comment